Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Shea Stadium

I went to the Mets game today and I actually think this was my last time at Shea Stadium. I also just finished watching the Shea tribute on SNY. And I am going to miss Shea. I saw my first game at Yankee Stadium but I don't remember anything from that game. By the time I went to Shea I had seen countless Yankee games. But I remember my first Mets game. I was sitting right behind the Mets dugout and they were playing against the Braves. At one point the guy sitting next to us was trying to get us a baseball by banging on the dugout. It didn't work. But somebody tossed a few packs of gum on the top of the dugout. I don't remember exactly what year it was but I remember Mo Vaughn was playing first base and Mookie Wilson was the first base coach. Just the fact that I remember that impresses me.

I hope the Mets give Shea a nice goodbye.

I'll miss ya buddy.
Let's Go Mets!

No comments: